What is a Fidget Spinner?
Fidget spinners are small toys which consist of a ball bearing in the center with three flat structures around it made of metal or plastic designed to spin around its axis with little effort.
The fidget spinner was around as early as 1993 but has shot to fame as a popular toy in 2017.The toy has been promoted as a tool to help people who have trouble focusing or those who fidget to relieve nervous energy, anxiety, or psychological stress.
Now that you know what a fidget spinner is, it’s time to wow your friends with these impressive fidget spinner facts.
1. They may be the viral toy of choice for 2017, but the fidget spinner was actually patented 20 years ago in 1997.
2. Fidget spinners were initially designed to stop young boys from throwing rocks on police officers, it later went on to be a device that could be used to provide these children with an alternative, calming toy.
3. While designed as a calming product originally, when fidget spinners came back to the spotlight in 2017 many claimed that they were a toy to help those with ADHD and autism, this hasn’t yet been proved scientifically
4. You can pay as little or as much as you would like for a fidget spinner. They start at Rs.100 and the most expensive one coated with 100 grams of gold could be sold at 12 Lakhs.
5. A world record exists for the longest time that a fidget spinner has been spun on a person’s nose. One minute and 46 seconds by a staff member in the Buzz Feed office in New York in May 2017.
6. A Canadian band, Arcade Fire, release their album on a limited-edition fidget spinner which featured a USB connection.